Sunday, November 02, 2003

The Quote of the Day -- No, Make That Week

is embedded in a WOW that not only aligns with some threads I have been nurturing but should send anyone of conscience into some deep contemplation regarding the nature of hatred and true courage.

Here's the Martin Luther King quote embedded in Sharansky's article that I'll bet 10-1 you didn't know existed:
You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely "anti-Zionist." And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth; when people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth. -- Martin Luther King
And as a Lutheran myself, Sharansky's pointing out the parallel anti-Semitism of Martin Luther (yes, the original one) and Muhammad really got my attention.

READ THE WHOLE THING -- I'LL SLOW DOWN THE BLOGGING TO GIVE YOU THE TIME :) I have some thinking and writing to do anyway...