Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Of Hats and Howard

Oh, brother. Froggy has a field day. Here's a sample:
MR. RUSSERT: Were you in Cambodia Christmas Eve, 1968?

SEN. KERRY: We were right on the border, Tim. What I explained to people and I told this any number of times, did I go into Cambodia on a mission? Yes, I did go into Cambodia on a mission. Was it on that night? No, it was not on that night. But we were right on the Cambodian border that night. We were ambushed there, as a matter of fact. And that is a matter of record, and we went into the rec-- you know, it's part of the Navy records. It's been documented by the other guys who were on my boat. And Steve Gardner, frankly, doesn't know where we were. It wasn't his job, and, you know, he wasn't involved in that. But we did go five miles into Cambodia. It was on another day. I jumbled the two together, but we were five miles into Cambodia. We went up on a mission with CIA agents--I believe they were CIA agents--CIA Special Ops guys. I even have some photographs of it, and I can document it. And it has been documented.

Uh huh.

MR. RUSSERT: And you have a hat that the CIA agent gave you?

SEN. KERRY: I still have the hat that he gave me, and I hope the guy would come out of the woodwork and say, "I'm the guy who went up with John Kerry. We delivered weapons to the Khmer Rouge on the coastline of Cambodia." We went out of Ha Tien, which is right in Vietnam. We went north up into the border. And I have some photographs of that, and that's what we did. So, you know, the two were jumbled together, but we were on the Cambodian border on Christmas Eve, absolutely.

The woodwork of your imagination, bitch. THE KHMER ROUGE WAS A COMMUNIST ORGANIZATION FOUNDED IN 1975. ALTHOUGH I'M SURE THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO HELP THEM IN 1968, I'M PRETTY SURE THE CIA 'SPEC OPS GUYS' WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO ENTHUSIASTIC ON ACCOUNT OF THEM BEING GENOCIDAL ENEMIES OF THE US.

MR. RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY: Yes, I will. But everything that we put in it, Tim--everything we put in--I mean, everything that was out was a full documentation of all of the medical records, all of the fitness reports. And I'd call on those who have challenged me, let's see their records. I want to see the records of each of those people who have put up a challenge, because some of them have some serious questions in them, and it hasn't been appropriate...

MR. RUSSERT: So they should sign Form 180s for themselves as well?

SEN. KERRY: You bet.

That'll be the day.
Can I remind you of this chronological little analysis also?

As Hugh points out:
Yes, Kerry really did say that.

Dennis Miller looked at me like I had to be wrong when I pointed out that the blogs had begun to chew on John Kerry's assertion Sunday that he had run guns to the Khmer Rouge in late 1968 or early 1969. Miller knows, as does every other sentient being, that the United States wouldn't have been running guns to the communists who later devastated Cambodia, even had this particular group been active along the South Vietnam/Cambodia border in the period mentioned. There is no evidence anywhere that I can find that the United States ever ran weapons to the Cambodian communists, and we wouldn't have been using swift boats to send arms to the neutral government of Prince Sianouk.
I said previously that he's nuttier than a pecan plantation.

Unfortunately, that now seems a vast atrocity of understatement...

Oh, yeah. Did I forget to mention that the Dhimmis have learned the lessons of the last election so very well that they're -- Eeeeeaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! -- on the verge of electing good 'ol level-headed Howard to be the new DNC chair?

I wish them well in the desert. And I finally grok the Dhimmis dogged attachment to those desert watering holes to help illegal immigrants make it -- they're going to be needing them.

For their long wander in the desert wilderness.