Thursday, June 14, 2007

Says Who Again?

clipped from instapundit.com

LOOK WHO'S TALKING: Harry Reid calls Generals Pace and Petraeus "incompetent."

Reader Brett Conner, who sent word of this, writes: "As a veteran who has served under General Pace, I can
attest to not only his competence but also his compassion for his Marines and as a member of the Joint Chiefs, all servicemembers. Senator Reid has crossed a sacred line between the military and our civilian leaders. One of the reasons I left the military was being stabbed in the back by our fellow countrymen. It happened to my father in Vietnam, and I didn't want to continue living through the same experience."

I'm afraid a lot of people will view Harry Reid's statement that way. Of course, some folks like the way the Vietnam War turned out.