Friday, June 01, 2007

You Too Will Be Mugged By The Police

"When was public virtue to be found when private was not?"
Benjamin Franklin stated,
"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Truth be known, I could probably fill a book with the words of wise ones who have spoken in kind.  But, you know, I understand this principle well.  I know that people get the government they deserve; what bothers me is that I'm going to get the government they deserve.

You should be bothered, too.  With the "people" changing radically through Third World immigration (Ted Kennedy's 1965 immigration act ensures that 85 percent of immigrants come from the Third World and Asia), it's legitimate to wonder how demographics influence democracy.  And it's not hard to understand how these folks will shape government, for they have done so before - in their own lands.
Count on it.