Friday, October 17, 2008

Good Friends

Until he threw them under the bus. And people were stupid enough to believe it.
clipped from pajamasmedia.com

After all, in a 2004 interview he bragged that he went to Wright’s Trinity
every Sunday (even on THE SUNDAY?) and had some rather inspirational mentors (GG
is the Chicago Sun-Times interviewer):


GG: Do you still attend Trinity?

OBAMA:Yep. Every week. 11 oclock service.

….

GG: Do you have people in your life that you look to for guidance?

OBAMA:Well, my pastor [Wright] is certainly someone who I have an enormous
amount of respect for. I have a number of friends who are ministers. Reverend
Meeks is a close friend and colleague of mine in the state Senate. Father
Michael Pfleger is a dear friend, and somebody I interact with closely.

GG:Those two will keep you on your toes.

OBAMA: And they’re good friends. Because both of them are in the public eye,
there are ways we can all reflect on what’s happening to each of us in ways that
are useful. I think they can help me, they can appreciate certain specific
challenges that I go through as a public figure.

 blog it