Monday, December 22, 2008

Making Us All Rich

clipped from bloomberg.com

“How do you get a bailout, Dad? Does it go to good or bad
companies?”

Bailout Criteria

“I know it must sound strange, Junior. Many of the
companies getting government money did bad things. They took
risks with other people’s money. They padded their own pockets
instead of watching out for their customers. And they lost a lot
of money in the process.”

“How do you get paid to do bad things? You don’t give me my
allowance unless I walk Rusty after school, take out the garbage
and clean up my room.”

“You’re right, Junior. The government should really help
those in need.”

“C’mon Dad. If it were that simple, the government could
write everyone a check for a million dollars, and make us all
rich.”

“Junior, I can tell you really have a knack for this stuff.
I’m glad I could help you.”