Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Disgust

Like other members, Ms. Kilpatrick told investigators she did not know that corporations had paid the travel bills. But she is quoted in the report as having thanked the corporate sponsors at the 2008 conference.

The report includes photographs taken at the conferences of the House members in front of the sponsors’ corporate logos.


I don’t know about you but I’ve had about all the ethical lapses I can take from the politicians who claim to represent the people of this country. Before all my Democratic readers get up in arms, let me just add that the only bipartisan success in Washington, D.C. over the years has been in the corruption department. Before the current crop of scandals - and the above just scratches the surface by the way - the Republicans managed to disgust the electorate every bit as much as the current crop of Democrats and were turned out of office in 2006 primarily for that reason.