Saturday, July 10, 2010

Regime Uncertainty Update

clipped from pajamasmedia.com

YOU THINK? Lack of jobs increasingly blamed on uncertainty created by Obama’s policies.

UPDATE: A reader emails:


I am an instructor in a technical school. It puts me in good position to stay close with my industry (auto service). Each year I am on a job hunt for up to fifty students, and you can bet I keep close tabs on what local employers are thinking.

The past two years, but this year especially, the single most common thought passed on by employers has
been “I’m not sure I want to hire anyone right now, until we know what’s going to happen with taxes and medical coverage”. This is understandable, as these two items make up huge parts of a business’s outgoing spending. Not knowing what they will be nailed with, a LOT of small employers are taking the only safe road. They are putting expansion and hiring plans on hold, till the business environment regains some sanity.

I think they may have a long wait, and signs indicate that’s exactly what local employers are expecting.