Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Cambodia Back On? Most Excellent!

Check this out:
I love this from an interview in the September issue of GQ:

"[John Kerry]: I can't say. To me Vietnam is an old place, an old memory. It is old history, it's gone, it's past. The less I have to talk about it, frankly, the happier I am." [Yeah right -- ed.]

The interview took place on July 4th. That's before Kerry "reported for duty" at the Dem. convention.

On another issue, this morning I heard Del Sandusky interviewed on a radio program. He specifically said that they "touched ground" in Cambodia. Which means it had to be in February or March '69. I suspect that careful questioning of him would destroy that claim.

Sandusky also said a number of disingenuous things in the interview that make me think he's deliberately lying, not simply mistaken in his memories. He claimed not to even know most of the people who appear in the SBVFT ads, and that for Larry Thurlow to say he served with John Kerry is, "like me saying I served with Wm. Westmoreland".

Yet, John Kerry, in Tour of Duty, has Thurlow and his boats practically side by side. Since Sandusky was at the helm of Kerry's boat, that makes either Kerry or Sandusky a liar.
So fine, I'll go so far as to buy it. I repeat: It doesn't matter -- Kerry is toast even if he was in Cambodia... When I talk to my very, very liberal Mom who lived through WWII I am constantly amazed at how little she remembers of it. I'm also quite amazed how little the libs remember of the history around the Vietnam War. (Yes, follow that link!)