Friday, September 03, 2004

Could There Be A Reason?

That you can think of for a bit of a conflict here? From the introduction to the Nobel literature prize winning "The Captive Mind":
When someone is 55% right, that's very good and there's no use wrangling. And if someone is 60% right, it's wonderful, it's great luck, and let him thank God. But what's to be said about 75% right? Wise people say this is suspicious. Well, and what about 100% right? Whoever says he's 100% right is a fanatic, a thug, and the worst kind of rascal. --AN OLD JEW OF GALACIA
Versus a Mohammad quote near the start of Bin Laden's "Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders":
I have been sent with the sword between my hands to insure that no one but Allah is worshipped, Allah who put my livelihood under the shadow of my spear and who inflicts humiliation and scorn on those who disobey my orders.
Could it be the result of residue contorted into a cruel Mobius strip?