Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shed My Cynicism About Him?

In the wake of Barack Obama's remarks to the San Francisco Democrats last Sunday, Michelle Obama's preaching of the gospel according to Barack is revelatory:

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your division. That you come out of your isolation. That you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual; uninvolved, uninformed.
We can only pray that our fellow Americans find the gospel according to Barack Obama to be too good for us.
That's why he wants to take my guns away. Because him having a gun and me not having one is the only possible relationship between us where I would even consider it. But it would only be a show on my part to avoid punishment of course...