Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weekend Bus

clipped from hotair.com

So he’s leaving because he doesn’t want TUCC to get further scrutiny, and not
because he wants to distance himself from the radical nature of the
church.  That’s not exactly a profile in courage.  Let’s recall what
Obama said just ten weeks ago about his membership at Trinity:


Given my background, my politics, and my professed values and ideals, there
will no doubt be those for whom my statements of condemnation are not enough.
Why associate myself with Reverend Wright in the first place, they may ask? Why
not join another church? And I confess that if all that I knew of Reverend
Wright were the snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on
the television and You Tube, or if Trinity United Church of Christ conformed to
the caricatures being peddled by some commentators, there is no doubt that I
would react in much the same way….

This reaction combines the worst of both worlds — it says nothing that rejects
the radical rhetoric,