Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hope And Change Coming?

clipped from pajamasmedia.com

I live in Northern California, in Sonoma County.
The inference is, bastion of liberalism.
This morning, I was speaking out front with the neighbors about all of this. Obama was being loudly mocked by the neighbors, and soon several other neighbors came out to share in the jokes. (None of us has ever spoken politics before; I fly the lone American flag on this street.)

It was all about the economy, but I said “wait until he turns his attention to foreign policy; wait until he guts our Military. Then we’ll really be in trouble.”
Everyone was in agreement, but it feels like even if folks are waking up and there will be a backlash of anti-obama sentiment that may lead to electoral change in 2010, it will be too little, too late.
A few minutes ago I noticed that two of those neighbors have their flags flying.
Real hope and change coming?