Saturday, April 04, 2009

The World's Greatest Orator?

clipped from www.guardian.co.uk
"A question for you both, if I may. The prime minister has repeatedly blamed the United States of America for causing this crisis. France and Germany both blame Britain and America for causing this crisis. Who is right? And isn't the debate about that at the heart of the debate about what to do now?" Brown immediately swivels to leave Obama in pole position. There is a four-second delay before Obama starts speaking [THANKS FOR NOTHING, GORDY BABY. REMIND ME TO HANG YOU OUT TO DRY ONE DAY.] Barack Obama: "I, I, would say that, er ... pause [I HAVEN'T A CLUE] ... if you look at ... pause [WHO IS THIS NICK ROBINSON JERK?] ... the, the sources of this crisis ... pause [JUST KEEP GOING, BUDDY] ... the United States certainly has some accounting to do with respect to . . . pause [I'M IN WAY TOO DEEP HERE] ...
My answer -- in Ogabe's voice -- if I could make him say anything I wanted for parody's sake:

"The unaccountable private banking cartel called the Federal Reserve by creating a huge inflationary bubble together with their bought and paid for, boot-licking toady politicians like me pandering for votes by giving away free houses did it. So France and Germany would be right except we're not sure whether they're part owners in the Federal Reserve and also responsible themselves. Since as I pointed out the Fed is completely unaccountable.

And of course none of that nearly $200 billion poured into AIG went to European banks -- especially French and German ones -- well other than a huge portion of it I'm guessing.

Oh, and I'm going to give the Federal Reserve more power to regulate so this doesn't happen again. That will teach those nasty bankers a thing or two. And no, Fed created inflation doesn't fund political agendas and it isn't a tax on the stupid. That would be you.

I know the Fed should be abolished in any sane world but us sneeringly manipulative liberals are great at hypnotizing you to blame everything on the "free market". Even when we're about an infinity away from having a free market.

Oh, and Fannie and Freddie had nothing to do with this problem. And they weren't backed by the taxpayer's wallets at all ... until they were."