Sunday, September 13, 2009

COTD: Complaining About The Poor

Liberals believe in words, not actions. They believe in symbolism and style of substance. Look at Obama: He pays lip service to civility, which gives him permission to launch vile, dishonest partisan attacks.
Tom W. | 09.13.09 - 6:55 pm | #


Let me add an anecdote that precisely confirms this characterization:

I have a friend who complains about the poor all the time, that conservatives don't care for them. So I told him I support two children in poor countries, they receive medical care, an education, clothing, and food -- it costs me about 50 bucks a month or so.

I gave my friend a pamphlet so he could sign up a needy child or two -- he refused stating, "how can I be sure the kids will get the money?"

This is a non sequitur. Why? Because no matter how much proof I offered about the legitimacy of the organization, he would commit to the cause.

Like Tom says, it's the symbolism and faux outrage that allows him and other liberals to safely stroke their egos.
'he would not'