Sunday, November 23, 2003

Miles to Go Before He Sleeps -- Welcome!

A beautiful followup over at Spock's. This from a Spaniard after reading DenBeste's article about the US being a Non-European country:
Now the thing is, that all this time I have felt as if I was "in the wrong place". Being the only one with one idea, while virtually all the people around me (in fact, all the europeans) is against it, makes me feel as if I was not from there. But then, if not Catalan, Spanish or European, what am I???

I haven't had the complete answer to this question until today, when I read your article. Now I do know it.

I'm American. In the wrong place, far from home, but American.
Welcome brother! Get on the boat like my ancestors! As Spock says in the same article "It is more important what you stand for than who you stand with."

But don't get complacent; our leftists are far down the road to an "It's not cool to be smart" culture. In fact, let me buy your plane ticket -- we need you!