Friday, September 21, 2007

My New Policy ...

clipped from instapundit.com

Columbia doesn't host ROTC or (I think) military recruiters on campus, because it would be just too offensive to do so, because the military obeys the law passed by a Democratic Congress and signed by Bill Clinton which bars open homosexuals from serving in the military. OK.



But Columbia does host Ahmedinejad who heads a government which executes homosexuals for the crime of being homosexuals.



So it's obnoxious beyond belief to exclude homosexuals from military service, but it's not obnoxious beyond belief to hang them from the neck until dead.

Why does Lee Bollinger think a man who heads a regime that executes homosexuals--not just excludes them from military service, but hangs them by the neck until dead, in public ceremony-- should be honored with an invitation to speak at Columbia?
... of cleaning up my language is really making it tough to make some of the comments I would like. So I'll go without comment for now.

But you know what I'm thinking. And if you're not thinking the same thoughts you need to look long and hard at yourself in the mirror.

Welcome the "academic" echo chamber. On its way to becoming the gas chamber. Without the quotes I'm beginning to suspect.