Friday, October 12, 2007

Huxley Holds Course And Speed

clipped from www.jihadwatch.org

Thanks Gaelen. Case in point, I was fortunate enough to spend the past weekend at the beach with my niece who is 40 years old and her twelve year old son. We were gone for five days and talked about many things while driving down and back and whenever I brought something to my niece's attention about politics or Islam she would say to me, "Oh, I don't know anything about that. I'm not up on current events. I don't follow the news." But then she would tell me, in great detail, about several stupid TV shows she likes to watch, when they all come on and how you can tape them and use Tivo to basically numb yourself to any sort of reality at all. (Well, she didn't say that last part...that's how I interpreted it.) By the end of the weekend we weren't talking much because there was nothing to talk about.

I don't give a flying flip about the latest TV shows when my country is going to hell in a hand basket (or is that to the Ummah?)