Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Castro District Trends

To Whom It May Concern:


In recent weeks I have stated that I was never briefed, nor had
any prior knowledge of, the use of so-called "enhanced interrogation techniques"
on detainees by U.S. interrogators. Today, the Central Intelligence
Agency released documents indicating they had briefed me on the use of
these techniques in September 2002. Having no personal recollection of
this meeting, I directed my clerical staff to retrieve meeting notes
for the date in question.


After a thorough review of these notes, it appears I was unaware this
meeting was with the Central Intelligence Agency. Instead I was under
the impression that it was a coffee chat with Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, an important constituent group from my home district. In their description of waterboarding, fuzzy
caterpillars, etc., I simply assumed they were speaking of new
Castro District trends in sexual foreplay.

Sincerely,


Nancy Pelosi
Speaker of the House of Representatives