Saturday, July 28, 2007

Down The Tubes

clipped from www.rogerlsimon.com

I am embarrassed to think back now on the days when I thought Condi Rice was presidential material. For those of you who weren't reading me then or don't remember, yes, I did a fair amount of cheerleading for Ms. Rice on this blog.

Shame on me for that and shame on her for continuing to kowtow to the religious-fascist-misogynist-homophobes who rule Saudi Arabia. How repellent is the thought of a modern American female Secretary of State offering twenty billion dollars in weapons to a regime that doesn't even allow women to drive. Whatever happened to the idea of a democratic Middle East? Down the tubes in the name of the phoniest realpolitik imaginable, the same old same old, but this time utilizing the excuse of standing up to Iran.