Saturday, July 28, 2007

An Open Letter

Sorry to bother you Maam, I mean Your Majesty, (sorry I am an American from the South) something that has happened in your government that has saddened and outraged me in such a manner I felt compelled to write to you on this matter, though I have been dead for five years.  I know it sounds crazy but this matter has upset me so badly, that I have invaded my son's consciousness and I am compelling him to write you.

My name is Donald L. Cox, I died in 2001, but that does not matter.  What matters is that your government in its infinite wisdom has decided to delete Winston Churchill from your required secondary school curriculum.  Winston Churchill! Get rid of the Battle of Hastings, Henry the Eighth, or the Black Plague, but Winston Churchill?
For my Uncle Russell and all those lions lying in their graves over in Europe, do not let this stand. We Americans could dump all the tea of England in Boston Harbor, but we would never dump Churchill.  Can Britain?