Friday, August 21, 2009

Shut Up, That's Why

clipped from ace.mu.nu

What would Obama's academic footnotes look like, if he provided them for a speech or statement? Probably like this:

1. As I have always said.

2. Ibid.

3. Ibid.

4. Let me be clear: I'm tellin' ya, man.

5. Op cit.

6. Some professor I knew at Columbia said this to me during a fondue-and-blow party hosted by one of Bernie's old friends from the German Red Army Brigade. At least I think he said it. I was pretty wired and also tripping a little on laced pot so most of the time I was concentrating on his second, evil head, which was trying to hypnotize me with its spider-eyes. But I'm pretty sure.

7. Dreams of My Father, pg. 72, by Bill Ayers.

8. As I have always said.

9. Ibid.

16. To even discuss the evidence for this statement would be a distraction from the important issues facing us.

17. Ibid.

18. Ibid.

19. The CBO is full of crap. As I have always said.

20. Shut up, that's why.