Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Used

Byron had a follow-up phone conversation with Sheehan:

I asked Sheehan about the fact that the press seems to have lost interest in her and her cause. "It's strange to me that you mention it," she said. "I haven't stopped working. I've been protesting every time I can, and it's not covered. But the one time I did get a lot of coverage was when I protested in front of George Bush's house in Dallas in June. I don't know what to make of it."

I'm pretty sure I know what to make of it. Cindy Sheehan is, I think, a nut, but the undeniable fact is that she and others like her were used--used by Democratic Party hacks at sites like the Daily Kos, by far-left organizations like MoveOn and International A.N.S.W.E.R., and most of all by Barack Obama. What's more interesting, as Sheehan herself acknowledges, is how she was used by the liberal media.

Cindy118.jpg

What do you think the chances are that the liberal media will send cameras to Martha's Vineyard to document Mrs. Sheehan's current campaign?