Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Different Kind Of Blah-Blah-Blah-Blah

clipped from men.style.com

And I got to know
[Obama] because we have a mutual friend,
Ken Mehlman, who was his law-school
classmate at Harvard. And so as a result,
whenever in the last three years he's been
around at the White House, I've gotten to
see him, and we sort of would hang around
and chitchat about things. I'm actually in
his book. He wrote that "people like Newt
Gingrich, Tom Delay, Ralph Reed, and Karl
Rove say we are a Christian nation." And I
did not say that. I confronted him about it.
At the White House.

And what did he say?
Well, first he denied that I was in the book!
And then he denied that it said that I said
that it was a Christian nation. And then
when I pulled out the thing [he had a copy
of the offensive page with him]
and showed
it to him, he sort of blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-
blah-blah. And I thought, That's who
he is. I mean, look, he may claim that he's
for a different kind of politics,

But it was like, you know,
Let's just strap it in there and see if it goes
someplace.