Saturday, September 12, 2009

COTD: Striped Allies

clipped from reason.com
To those who just can't understand why anyone would protest against an "enlightened" Democrat administration, unless there was some kind of racism involved; I'm black. Not African-American or any other PC crap. Just plain BLACK. I am an atheist. And I am a libertarian (small l). I acknowledge that some (not most) so-called libertarians ARE racist, ignorant, fools, or just plain loony. However, I utterly reject the meme that anyone who doesn't like Big Uncle Sugar must be a redneck racist. And no, I never got a job through affirmative action, never got a minority grant, or any other crap that the so-called left like to hurl out to try to make me look line an ingrate. My poor-ass family worked hard.
The people at those protests, whether they were black, white, blue, or f***ing striped, are my allies in the fight to restore the idea of reward for effort, frugality, and liberty.
So, knock of the racist crap. There are asshats in every political party.