Friday, October 02, 2009

Senator From Big PhRMA Confused

clipped from www.moonbattery.com

Demonrat Senator Tom Carper (D-DE) admits that no one has a clue what the language of the ObamaCare Bill means, nobody else does, and so there's no point in reading it.

I don’t expect to actually read the legislative language, because reading the legislative language is among the more confusing things I’ve ever read in my life. . . . When you get into the legislative language, Sen. Conrad actually read some of it, several pages of it, the other day, and I don’t think anybody had a clue, including people who had served on this committee for decades, what he was talking about.

There's a video clip at Patterico in case you think I'm exaggerating.

Am I alone in thinking that if your job description is "law-maker," you ought to have a minimal level of competence in writing and understanding... you know... the law?