Thursday, April 17, 2008

Come On, Man

Obama, last night: "I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins."

Obama, October 4, 2007:

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest."

Come on, man.

But the "ordinary citizen" questioner asked a simple, pretty straightforward one:

NASH MCCABE (Latrobe, Pennsylvania): (From videotape.) Senator Obama, I have a question, and I want to know if you believe in the American flag. I am not questioning your patriotism, but all our servicemen, policemen and EMS wear the flag. I want to know why you don't.

If you can't answer that question without... well, either lying, or forgetting what your originally said about wearing a flag pin, then don't run for President.