Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An Endorsement

Color_car

Unless the candidate is me, I have made it a practice to abstain from issuing formal endorsements for political races. In the case of Douglas Hoffman, the Conservative Party candidate for the US Congress in New York's 23rd district, I will make a happy exception.

Canuck reader Maryann Crabtree forwards this photo of the candidate posing proudly in front of his Two Lane Blacktop - worthy 1955 Chevy 210 2-door sedan. Note missing rear bumper. Note radiused rear wheel well.

thus, while his Congressional cohort was tripping on brown acid in the mud at Max Yasgur's farm, Mr. Hoffman was gearslamming down the quarter mile at Fulton Speedway.

Yessirree bob, this photo tells me everything I need to know about Mr. Hoffman, and I enthusiastically give him my full support.

This, I have learned, is now the basis of attack ads from his Democrat and Republican foes in the race.

Which tells me everything I need to know about them.