Sunday, November 29, 2009

COTD: Algore Fail

"If you were a billionaire who owned several corporations, would you ask a meteorologist what the best way was to write a will and create a trust to minimize your estate taxes at the time of your death?"



The kid laughed. "No. I don't think so," he answered.



"Right," I replied. "So now let me ask you this about Al Gore. If you were scientist with a Ph.D. from MIT in meteorology, would you seriously ask Al Gore - a divinity school drop-out who has a bachelor's degree in liberal arts, who also possesses a law degree - but who has never practiced law a single day in his life - accurately to explain to you how all the sciences of the Earth's oceans, land, clouds, skies, and the entire remaining atmosphere as effected by the Solar System, work?"



The kid laughed again. "No, I guess I wouldn't."
Now that I had personalized the question and reduced the problem to how the kid would dispose of his own modest assets - he realized how silly it was to ask Al Gore ANYTHING!