Saturday, December 05, 2009

Taking No Chances

Lately my day job has been a day-and-night job. I just got home from Oklahoma City, where I spent the week. There was virtually no time to follow the news; all I know is that President Obama gave a speech and Tiger Woods got into some kind of trouble. (In the outside world, a lot more attention was paid to the latter than the former.) I did, however, notice this story, which has gotten some attention but not enough:


A doctor who witnessed the torture of opposition detainees in Iran died after eating a drug-laced salad, Tehran's public prosecutor said yesterday.

The announcement raises the number of official explanations of Ramin Pourandarjani's death to at least four. ...

After Dr Pourandarjani's death on November 10, officials claimed that he had been in a car accident, died of a heart attack and committed suicide.


They're taking no chances, I guess.