Monday, November 30, 2009

Hijacked

clipped from reason.com

Eduardo Zorita,
a researcher on past temperature trends at the Institute for
Coastal Research in Germany, is calling for prominent Climategate
reseachers, Phil Jones, Michael Mann, and Stefan Rahmstorf, to be
banned from any future work on the Intergrovernmental Panel on
Climate Change's reports. But Zorita makes an even more
interesting and very disturbing observation:



By writing these lines I will just probably achieve that a few
of my future studies will, again, not see the light of
publication. My area of research happens to be the climate of
the past millennia, where I think I am appreciated by other
climate-research 'soldiers'....


I may confirm what has been written in other places: research
in some areas of climate science has been and is full of
machination, conspiracies, and collusion, as any reader can
interpret from the CRU-files.

The scientific debate has been in many instances
hijacked to advance other agendas.