Monday, November 30, 2009

I Take That Back

In my previous post on Climategate
I blithely said that nothing in the climate science email dump
surprised me much. Having waded more deeply over the weekend I take
that back.



The closed-mindedness of these supposed men of science, their
willingness to go to any lengths to defend a preconceived message, is
surprising even to me. The stink of intellectual corruption is
overpowering. And, as Christopher Booker argues,
this scandal is not at the margins of the politicised IPCC [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] process. It
is not tangential to the policy prescriptions emanating from what David Henderson called the environmental policy milieu [subscription required]. It goes to the core of that process.



One theme, in addition to those already mentioned about the suppression
of dissent, the suppression of data and methods, and the suppression of
the unvarnished truth, comes through especially strongly: plain
statistical incompetence.
RTWT.